Connecting Jayhawks to campus and community financial resources.

KU Campus Resources

Childcare Grant

The KU Childcare Grant assists Lawrence campus students with childcare expenses. Award amounts vary. When funding is available, a student can fill out the Childcare Grant Request Form.

Questions? Contact Financial Aid & Scholarships at 785-864-4700.

Hilltop Child Development Center

The Hilltop Child Development Center provides student-friendly services including a sliding fee schedule and grants for childcare cost. Priority for enrollment is given to student families on the waiting list and there are optional care for periods when KU classes are not in session.

  • Location: 1652 Ousdahl Rd.   Phone: 785-864-4940   Email:


Community Resources

East Central Kansas Economic Opportunity Corporation (ECKAN)

ECKAN is a community action agency assisting low-income persons with housing resources and other services. ECKAN's family services include case management to assist in maintaining independent living, Head Start programs for children, summer lunch programs, assistance with winter holiday and prom expenses for families.

  • Phone: 785-841-3357
  • Location: ECKAN of Douglas County Center, 2518 Ridge Court

Salvation Army

The Salvation Army provides a variety of resources to individuals and families in need, including youth and parenting resources for education.

Need Guidance?

If you have questions or cannot find what you are looking for, you can contact the following resources for assistance:

Submit A Resource

If you would like a relevant resource added to our website, or want to provide updates for resource, please fill out the Submit A Resource form

Please note, each submission will undergo a review for approval.

Report Broken Links

If you have come across a link on this website that is broken, or out of date information, please report the broken link and/or out of date information so we can fix it and continue to provide helpful resources to KU students.

You can report broken links and out of date information by email at or through our broken link form.