Connecting Jayhawks to campus and community financial resources.

Community Resources

Lawrence Humane Society

The Lawrence Humane Society (LHS) is committed to nurturing the human-animal bond by providing shelter, care, advocacy, and resources for the people and pets in the community. LHS provides low-cost microchipping, and spay/neuter services. They also have the Crisis Pet Retention Fund (CPR Fund) to provide short-term resources to pet owners experiencing poverty, homelessness, job loss, or other issues to assist in avoiding the surrender of a pet. Resources can include funding, supplies, emergency veterinary care, temporary boarding, and more. If necessary, LHS also takes appointments for pet surrender.

Location: 1805 E. 19th St.   Pet Resource Center Phone: 785-371-0473   Office Phone: 785-843-6835

Trinity Lutheran Church Pet Pantry

The Trinity Pet Pantry provides free pet food and supplies (mainly for dogs and cats). Available food and supplies vary based on donations provided. The Pet Pantry is open on Saturdays from 10am to Noon. You can find up to date information on the pantry on their facebook page.

Location: 1245 New Hampshire St. Phone: 785-843-4150

The Humane Society of Greater Kansas City

The Humane Society of Greater Kansas City (HSGKC) provides various resources for individuals in need with pets. HSGKC provides the affordable care clinic for veterinary services. They also provide a pet food pantry and a Charity Care Fund.

Location: 5445 Parallel Pkwy, Kansas City, KS   Phone: 913-596-1000

National Organizations with Financial Assistance for Pet Owners

Below is a list of national organizations that provide financial assistance to pet owners in need:

Need Guidance?

If you have questions or cannot find what you are looking for, you can contact the following resources for assistance:

Submit A Resource

If you would like a relevant resource added to our website, or want to provide updates for resource, please fill out the Submit A Resource form

Please note, each submission will undergo a review for approval.

Report Broken Links

If you have come across a link on this website that is broken, or out of date information, please report the broken link and/or out of date information so we can fix it and continue to provide helpful resources to KU students.

You can report broken links and out of date information by email at or through our broken link form.