Resources have been made available to help individuals cope with the impact of COVID-19. Below is a nonexhaustive list of updates and resources being provided during this time.
Academic and Campus Offices/Resources:
Please find updates regarding academic and student resources and their plans for assisting students during COVID-19 at protect.ku.edu/students.
Students who need access to Internet service or computer hardware should reach out to KU Information Technology on the Lawrence campus and email@example.com on the KU Edwards Campus for guidance and assistance.
Youa re allowed to access university Wi-Fi if you are in a personal vehicle parked on campus, provided you still meet social distancing requirements.
Several internet providers are also offering service at no-cost, low-cost or with waived fees.
As a last resort, students who need computer access will be allowed access to Watson Library computer lab, which has been reconfigured to support appropriate physcial distancing and frequent cleanings. Please find inforamtion at calendar.lib.ku.edu.
Access to Textbooks
Because recent events may have caused you to lose access to your textbooks, please consider the following options:
- Communicate to your instructor that you do not currently have access to your textbook. Ask if other options are available.
- If applicable, schedule a time to retrieve your textbook from your residence hall. See housing.ku.edu/coronavirus.
To sign up for Just Food's home delivery option:
- Become a client (if you're not already) by filling out the client application at http://bit.ly/JustFoodApp
- Sign up for delivery at https://bit.ly/JustFoodDeliveryRequest
Note: If you haven't been to Just Food in 2020, you will need to re-apply. Deliveries can take a couple of days to arrive at your doorstep. Each family is eligible for a grocery box every two weeks. You will need to re-sign up every two week.
KU Endowment Emergency Loans - KU Endowment is offering emergency loans at a 0% interest rate. Typically $500-$1,000 but vary depending on the situation. Loans must be repaid within three months. For students not able to repay a loan within three months, KU Endowment also offers long term loans. For more information email the KU Endowment Loan Office.
Lawrence Restaurant Association hospitality relief fund - For Lawrence restaurant or hospitality workers who were employed on March 1, 2020, but have since lost their employment due to COVID-19 circumstances. Approved applicants receive up to $250 in aid
- 30 days of free self-storage at U-Haul-owned and -operated facilities to help college students impacted by unforeseen schedule changes at their universities.