KU Campus Resources
Counseling & Psychological Services (CAPS)
The KU Counseling & Psychological Services (CAPS) office provides individual and group counseling services to assist with psychological, interpersonal, family problems, and other issues related to succeeding at the university. There is a cost associated with appointments - you can find information on appointment fees here.
- Location: Watkins Health Center, Room 2100 Phone: 785-864-2277
KU Child & Family Services Clinic
The mission of the Child & Family Services Clinic is to provide affordable, quality mental health care to the children, adolescents, and families of Northeast Kansas, including Lawrence, Eudora, Baldwin, Topeka, and the Kansas City Metro Area. This includes reduced-cost therapy sessions and testing for ADHD and learning disabilities at discounted rates for KU students.
- Location: 1000 Sunnyside Ave., Room 2021 Phone: 785-864-4416
KU Psychological Clinic
- Location: 1415 Jayhawk Blvd., Room 340
- Phone: 785-864-4121 Email: email@example.com
KU Positive Psychotherapy Clinic
The Center for Psychoeducational Services at KU is offering online therapy for adults living in Kansas experiencing depression, anxiety, and general life concerns. Clients will receive 9 sessions with a focus on client strengths and building hope. These sessions will be provided at no cost by students and faculty in the Counseling Psychology programs.
Please call or email Dr. Brian Cole for initial consultation:
- Location: Joseph R. Pearson Hall, Rm. 130, 1122 West Campus Rd
- Phone: 785-813-1699 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bert Nash Community Mental Health Center
The Bert Nash Center is a nonprofit community mental health organization offering a variety of outpatient services to the Lawrence and Douglas County community. Fees for services vary according to insurance, income, and services provided. Generally, fees for services are comparable to or lower than the cost of similar services through private agencies.
- Location: 200 Maine St.
- Phone (Open 24/7): 785-843-9192 Email: email@example.com
Headquarters Counseling Center
The Headquarters Counseling Center is the Kansas location for the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. The Kansas headquarters provides free emotional support to the state of Kansas by phone, online, and in person.
- Local Phone: 785-841-2345 - open 24/7
- Online Chat Emotional Support: Tuesday - Saturday, 8PM - 11PM
- In-person Counseling by walk-in: Monday - Friday, 9AM - 4PM - encouraged to call ahead to check availability of counselors
- Ongoing Counseling: Email firstname.lastname@example.org - $10 per session, regardless of insurance coverage; ongoing counseling is available by appointment only
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
The Lifeline provides 24/7, free and confidential support for people in distress, prevention and crisis resources for you or loved ones, and nest practices for professionals.
- 24/7 Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
The Sexual Trauma & Abuse Care Center
The STA Care Center provides 24/7 support to all people affected by sexual trauma and abuse in Douglas, Franklin, and Jefferson counties. Services include free counseling, support groups and advocacy.
- 24/7 Support Line: 785-843-8985 Email: email@example.com
The Willow Domestic Violence Care Center
The Willow Domestic Violence Center builds safer communities through services, shelter, and support to survivors of domestic violence and human trafficking in Douglas, Franklin, and Jefferson counties. All services are free to county residents.
- 24/7 Help Line: 785-843-3333 Phone: 785-331-2034
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org