Connecting Jayhawks to campus and community financial resources.

KU Campus Resources

Counseling & Psychological Services (CAPS)

The KU Counseling & Psychological Services (CAPS) office provides individual and group counseling services to assist with psychological, interpersonal, family problems, and other issues related to succeeding at the university. There is a cost associated with appointments - you can find information on appointment fees here.

  • Location: Watkins Health Center, Room 2100   Phone: 785-864-2277

KU Child & Family Services Clinic

The mission of the Child & Family Services Clinic is to provide affordable, quality mental health care to the children, adolescents, and families of Northeast Kansas, including Lawrence, Eudora, Baldwin, Topeka, and the Kansas City Metro Area. This includes reduced-cost therapy sessions and testing for ADHD and learning disabilities at discounted rates for KU students.

  • Location: 1000 Sunnyside Ave., Room 2021   Phone: 785-864-4416 

KU Psychological Clinic

The KU Psychological Clinic provides affordable mental health services for the Lawrence community. Reduced rates are provided for KU students.

  • Location: 1415 Jayhawk Blvd., Room 340
  • Phone: 785-864-4121   Email:

KU Positive Psychotherapy Clinic

The Center for Psychoeducational Services at KU is offering online therapy for adults living in Kansas experiencing depression, anxiety, and general life concerns. Clients will receive 9 sessions with a focus on client strengths and building hope. These sessions will be provided at no cost by students and faculty in the Counseling Psychology programs.

Please call or email Dr. Brian Cole for initial consultation:

  • Location: Joseph R. Pearson Hall, Rm. 130, 1122 West Campus Rd
  • Phone: 785-813-1699   Email:

Community Resources

Bert Nash Community Mental Health Center

The Bert Nash Center is a nonprofit community mental health organization offering a variety of outpatient services to the Lawrence and Douglas County community. Fees for services vary according to insurance, income, and services provided. Generally, fees for services are comparable to or lower than the cost of similar services through private agencies.

Headquarters Counseling Center

The Headquarters Counseling Center is the Kansas location for the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline. The Kansas headquarters provides free emotional support to the state of Kansas by phone, online, and in person.

  • Local Phone: 785-841-2345 - open 24/7
  • Online Chat Emotional Support: Tuesday - Saturday, 8PM - 11PM
  • In-person Counseling by walk-in: Monday - Friday, 9AM - 4PM - encouraged to call ahead to check availability of counselors
  • Ongoing Counseling: Email - $10 per session, regardless of insurance coverage; ongoing counseling is available by appointment only

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline

The Lifeline provides 24/7, free and confidential support for people in distress, prevention and crisis resources for you or loved ones, and nest practices for professionals.

  • 24/7 Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255

The Sexual Trauma & Abuse Care Center

The STA Care Center provides 24/7 support to all people affected by sexual trauma and abuse in Douglas, Franklin, and Jefferson counties. Services include free counseling, support groups and advocacy.

The Willow Domestic Violence Care Center

The Willow Domestic Violence Center builds safer communities through services, shelter, and support to survivors of domestic violence and human trafficking in Douglas, Franklin, and Jefferson counties. All services are free to county residents.

Need Guidance?

If you have questions or cannot find what you are looking for, you can contact the following resources for assistance:

Submit A Resource

If you would like a relevant resource added to our website, or want to provide updates for resource, please fill out the Submit A Resource form

Please note, each submission will undergo a review for approval.

Report Broken Links

If you have come across a link on this website that is broken, or out of date information, please report the broken link and/or out of date information so we can fix it and continue to provide helpful resources to KU students.

You can report broken links and out of date information by email at or through our broken link form.