KU Campus Resources
- Location: Level 4 of the Kansas Union in Room 132
- Phone: 785-864-4060 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Food For Jayhawks Website
The Food for Jayhawks website was created by the KU Food Insecurity Committee, established by the Office of Student Affairs, to help members of the KU campus and community identify resources that can improve their conditions of food insecurity.
- Find additional food assistance resources on the Food for Jayhawks Community Resources page.
- Search for local pantries and food assistance at the Harvesters website
Department for Children & Families
The Department for Children & Families (DCF) has applications available for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) - formerly known as food stamps.
- Location: 1901 Delaware St. Phone: 785-832-3700
Jubilee Cafe provides breakfast for in-need community members in a restaurant-style environment.
- Location: First United Methodist Church, 946 Vermont Street
- Hours of Operation: Tuesday and Friday Mornings, 7AM - 8AM
- Email: email@example.com
Just Food is the food bank in Douglas County, supplying more than 40 partner agencies with frozen meat, fresh produce, bread and food donated form community drives. Just Food also specializes in direct client service through programs that help families and individuals learn to cook as well as how to grow food. They also provide kitchen supplies for those in need.
- Phone: 785-856-7030 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lawrence Emergency Assistance Center (EAC)
The Lawrence Emergency Assistance Center (EAC) is available to low-income individuals and families who need food, or assistance with basic utility payments, housing, clothing or medical prescriptions. All services are free and are based on need.
- Location: 1525 West 6th St. Phone: 785-856-2694
Lawrence Food Not Bombs
Lawrence Food Not Bombs is an all-volunteer organization dedicated to nonviolent social change in Lawrence that recovers food that would otherwise be thrown out and makes fresh hot vegan and vegetarian meals that are served in outside the Lawrence Public Library to anyone without restriction.
- Location: Outside 707 Vermont St (every other Monday at 6pm)
- Email: email@example.com
The Salvation Army provides a variety of resources to individuals and families in need, including a food pantry and walk-in lunches served weekly.
- Location: 946 New Hampshire St. Phone: 785-843-4188
- Hours of Operation (for served walk-in lunches): Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, 1PM - 2PM
Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
The WIC Program provides food vouchers for pregnant women and families with children under age 5.
- Location: 200 Maine St. Phone: 785-856-5350