Connecting Jayhawks to campus and community financial resources.

Covid-19 Update for state food programs in Kansas:

The Consolidated Appropriations Act 2021 temporarily expands SNAP program eligibility to include students enrolled at least half-time in an institution of higher education who either:

  1. Are eligible to participate in a federal or state work-study program during the regular school year as determined by the school, OR
  2. Have an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) of $0 in the current academic year as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

Beginning Jan. 16, 2021, students who meet one of the two criteria above may receive SNAP benefits if they meet all other financial and non-financial SNAP eligibilty criteria. This temporary expansion will remain in effect until 30 days after the COVID-19 public health emergency is lifted.

Apply for State of Kansas SNAP benefits here.

Find more federal information on the temporary SNAP benefits expansion here

KU Campus Resources

Campus Cupboard

The Campus Cupboard is a food pantry for KU students, faculty, staff and affiliates. Find information and hours at

  • Location: Level 4 of the Kansas Union in Room 132
  • Phone: 785-864-4060    Email:

Food For Jayhawks Website

The Food for Jayhawks website was created by the KU Food Insecurity Committee, established by the Office of Student Affairs, to help members of the KU campus and community identify resources that can improve their conditions of food insecurity. 


Community Resources

Department for Children & Families

The Department for Children & Families (DCF) has applications available for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) - formerly known as food stamps. You can assess your eligibility and apply for benefits here

  • Location: 1901 Delaware St.   Phone: 785-832-3700

Jubilee Cafe

Jubilee Cafe provides breakfast for in-need community members in a restaurant-style environment.

  • Location: First United Methodist Church, 946 Vermont Street
  • Hours of Operation: Tuesday and Friday Mornings, 7AM - 8AM
  • Email:

Just Food

Just Food is the food bank in Douglas County, supplying more than 40 partner agencies with frozen meat, fresh produce, bread and food donated form community drives. Just Food also specializes in direct client service through programs that help families and individuals learn to cook as well as how to grow food. They also provide kitchen supplies for those in need.

Lawrence Emergency Assistance Center (EAC)

The Lawrence Emergency Assistance Center (EAC) is available to low-income individuals and families who need food, or assistance with basic utility payments, housing, clothing or medical prescriptions. All services are free and are based on need.

  • Location: 1525 West 6th St.   Phone: 785-856-2694

Lawrence Food Not Bombs 

Lawrence Food Not Bombs is an all-volunteer organization dedicated to nonviolent social change in Lawrence that recovers food that would otherwise be thrown out and makes fresh hot vegan and vegetarian meals that are served in outside the Lawrence Public Library to anyone without restriction. 

Salvation Army

The Salvation Army provides a variety of resources to individuals and families in need, including a food pantry and walk-in lunches served weekly.

  • Location: 946 New Hampshire St.   Phone: 785-843-4188
  • Hours of Operation (for served walk-in lunches): Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, 1PM - 2PM

Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)

The WIC Program provides food vouchers for pregnant women and families with children under age 5. 

  • Location: 200 Maine St.   Phone: 785-856-5350


Need Guidance?

If you have questions or cannot find what you are looking for, you can contact the following resources for assistance:

Submit A Resource

If you would like a relevant resource added to our website, or want to provide updates for resource, please fill out the Submit A Resource form

Please note, each submission will undergo a review for approval.

Report Broken Links

If you have come across a link on this website that is broken, or out of date information, please report the broken link and/or out of date information so we can fix it and continue to provide helpful resources to KU students.

You can report broken links and out of date information by email at or through our broken link form.